Sunday, May 29, 2011

Something for Me!!

Since I began knitting/sewing/crocheting I have barely made anything for myself. Most of my creations tend to go to loved ones, in particular, the special little people in my life and the life of others through my orders. I have only really made myself a crochet blanket (which is my staunch companion on afternoon snoozes on the lounge..) and am nearly finished a huge blanket for our bed that will go on the foot of our bed and can pulled up for some good old woolly warmth. To this end, I decided I needed a quick project for myself to put some balance back.
This is what I came up with...

A cute crochet headband! It took my barely anytime to write it up and put it together..

I wanted some warm colours and I love this colour palette together...

I love the band part of the design...nice and simple, yet it looks so pretty!

I just made two really simple little flowers to embellish, I didn't want them to be too big

It ties simply at the base of the head and can be any length or tightness you desire. It won't get tangled, knotted or stuck. Perfect for someone like me with stacks of hair!

I quickly worked it up while watching Grey's Anatomy the other night. Easy peasy!

I also wanted to share with you how beautiful our front yard looks at the moment. It is full of red autumn leaves as our front maple tree has started to drop it's leaves. During the late afternoon, when the sun shines in, it is just so relaxing to sit and look with a nice hot cup of tea...


The leaves are the perfect amount of "crunchy" and I love walking through them!!! (I know I know, it's a childish pastime but it's still fun!)

That's it for now...enjoy your week and don't forgot to stop and look at the Autumn beauty!

Ciao
Bella
xx





No comments:

Post a Comment