Saturday, March 5, 2011

New Beginnings and Reminiscing...

What a full on week it has been here!!!! We have had so much on, both personally and work wise. Today was a break from all that when we looked after our niece and nephew while my sister and her husband went to a wedding. Before I share what Little Miss and I got up to, I have some GREAT news......

I have signed on with a beautiful local shop that stocks beautiful handmade items (toys, accessories, children's clothes etc) and also sewing fabrics, wool, sewing accessories and lots more. I am going to be stocking some of my rattles in there initially and I hope to do other things as I find time to tweak patterns and finish designing other items. The shop is called "Sew Beautiful" and is located in Springwood. I will put a link to their website on here as soon as they have their site up and running.
The invitation to stock my items was a real confirmation that I am headed into the right direction with my business, even if it is only in the beginning stages. I have been working on my logo and label name, along with the rough outline of what I hope the business to be. It is hard while I am still working and studying, but study will be finished soon and one day (hopefully in the near future!) I won't have to work so that will give me alot more time to develop my ideas!!!

Anyway....when I first learnt to knit, I decided I wanted to learn to knit "in the round" and so I made copious amounts of beanies for kids so I could practice my newly found skills. I had kept some of these old beanies in a bag and my niece found them today and we had an impromtu little "photoshoot" with lots of requests from Little Miss to "take my photo" and "say cheese"....some of the pics I couldn't resist putting up here....

The pink "fuzzy" one was her favourite...

The bag had to come...

Cute as a button in her butterfly beanie...


Waiting for the "bus" apparently...on our old green seat..

Picking flowers to put in the bag..




Pulling silly faces...

The kids have been picked up so its just me and the husband again now.
I have just finished one of the bird rattles which I will have to put the pics up here when they are all done (so we can have a rainbow of colours!)

Until then....

Ciao
Bella
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment