Saturday, March 19, 2011

Woodland Love...

It has been another busy week here! The weekend has been restful though with all the lovely rain! It is currently pouring with rain and I am all snuggled up inside with my wool, needles and an episode of my favourite TV show (not to mention a bit of chocolate and a cup of hot coffee!!)

I finished the cutest little bird rattles this week....

Aren't they the cutest!!!!

Easy to grab handle for little hands to shake the rattle!

Embellished with cute little leaves..

I love them!!!!

I think I could have one in every colour! I have nearly finished a red one but I want a dozen more!

In making these birds I got to use my newly acquired "safety eyes"..they are used in making toys for babies. I had to get them from Hong Kong as they aren't available here in Australia. They are an eye attached with a washer at the back - impossible for a baby to get off no matter how much sucking, chewing or teething on! I think using proper eyes gives a knitted toy so much more character!

These birds are off to Sew Beautiful this week to be sold!

When I was making the birds I had a few other pattern ideas so I have been studiously writing some cute little patterns under the theme "Woodland Love"... I'll give you a little hint...


I thought about putting together "Play Bags" that stimulate children's imagination without the plastic garbage toys you get today that require no imagination at all....I am thinking toadstools, cute little fairies, pretty flowers and hand cut wooden building blocks....

Anyway, I am busy as a bee this week with lots of orders to complete!

Have a fab week!

Ciao
Bella
xxxx




2 comments:

  1. oooh so cute! I want some for my nephew. Should have thought about it earlier, would have been a great christening gift idea. Oh well - i'll put an order in for his birthday (don't worry its at the end of the year!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i should have alot more goodies by then!!!!! lots more "boy" items to come! im thinking tractors, farm animals and tough blocks! xxx

    ReplyDelete