Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Creating...

Hi friends!  It's now 1 week till Christmas! One week! I don't know where the time has gone this year. Sprouted wings and flown away I think! Anyway, I am fairly ready for Christmas apart from having to buy one more gift and finish crocheting another. I am very ready for some holidays and relax time, a chance to just stop and not have to be anywhere and do anything I don't feel like doing. It will be bliss!

This week I finished off a very cute present for my Nan and I am hoping she will love it....Here we go....



I used a pattern I found in the American magazine "Crochet Today". It was fairly simple, using the classic "granny square" and then joining together...

It was fairly easy to create the needed spaces for the handle and spout by measuring it against the teapot as I joined it together...


The top is made up of eyelets and then simply thread through some pretty lace or ribbon and you are good to go!

I also decided to decorate a wreath for our front door. I was really disappoined that I couldn't find a plain wreath (no leaves or anything) so that I could start from the ground up and make one. I searched EVERYWHERE and couldn't find what I wanted. I ended up only being able to get a greenery wreath so I made do....




A bunch of simple crocheted flowers, hot glue gun to the wreath and add a bow....so simple!!!

I will have one more "handmade Christmas" post before the big day! Super cute outfits for the little ladies...you will love I'm sure...

Have a brilliant week! (4.5 days of work to go....who's counting????)
Ciao
Bella
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment