Sunday, April 22, 2012

Dino Tails!

Hi friends! Hope you are all well. I am feeling quite chipper myself after waing up from a relaxing 2 hour Sunday afternoon nap! Nothing beats a relaxing afternoon nap I say!

I have been thinking more and more on my sewing/crochet/knitting projects I am doing as I plan on launching my business in around 6 weeks. I am thinking on working just on Facebook initially, to keep it simple so that when I go into have my baby and bring her home it will be manageable, then launching via a website later on. To that end, I have been experimenting with patterns and looking at what I love to make and what I love to do to include in that.

I have also been thinking seriously on having classes as well. I think it will begin with crochet first as I have had alot of interest from people about running something. I am thinking they will be casual "Crochet and Chat" session where you can work on a project you would like to complete and I can help you/tech you the stitches etc. I would love it to be a place where you can also chat, hang out with friends and generally just enoy yourself. I myself go to a sewing night every Wednesday and I just love it. I am learning alot of new techniques and get to make the projects that I want, not to mention the coffee, cake and chats half way through the night!

Anyway, they are my thoughts, if you ae interested in the crochet sessions, just drop me a note and let me know. I have had lots of interest from girls in the Blue Mountains, Penrith and Windsor - so maybe there might be one in each place?????

This weekend I did get to do some sewing and focussed on some of my "dramatic play for kids" ideas and patterns I haven't been able to get to. I ended up making these cute dino tails...

Fun for dress ups! Velcro waist band so kids can put on and off themselves!

I have loads of fabric that will need to be made into these. I love the bright colours and contrasting spots/stripes!

The straps that go around the waist and can be adjusted for the size of the child. It would also be really easy to make longer straps for a bigger child.

I also have this one ready to go but ran out of stuffing..back to the shops after work tomorrow!

Fun hey!

I am pretty sure these will go into my shop when I open it, possibly for about $18.
If you are interested in these for your little ones before I open my shop, dont hesitate to send me a message and I can do one before that time.

Hope you all have a great week! I am on the countdown now, 6 weeks left till maternity leave! wohoo!

Ciao
Bella
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment