Sunday, July 3, 2011

Vintage Buttons and Cute Donkey Ears!

As promised, I thought I would show you my new vintage button collection. I love vintage buttons, they are sooooo much better made (no plastic) and have the most beautiful colours. As mentioned in my previous post, while I was away I got to scour local antique shops, but most importantly, my nan's button tin. I got some really amazing buttons...

Searching through the old tin while Nan and aunty cooked a yummy dinner..

I LOVE these colours..greens, blues, pinks and peaches...

These are stunning..I now have four. What to make???

I found these beautiful inspirations on the net...




I had been making some really cute knitted kids uggs I found in a knitting pattern from Patons. I decided to use a few of the vintage buttons on them...

Such an easy pattern...if you want to make some, head to your local craft store and grab the pattern. It is called "Cosy Winter" by Patons. These are approx for a child aged 2-3 (depending on foot size!) It is easy to adjust though if you want them bigger or smaller.



There is my button post! Do you have any beautiful buttons laying around? I have so many projects I could use them for...easy to make a simple garment or project have that "special" look.
To make you laugh...today hubs and I went to a local historic village and there were lots of different critters there. My favourite was the donkey...he was so CUTE!!!


Enjoy your week!!
Ciao
Bella
xx




No comments:

Post a Comment