Saturday, July 23, 2011

Working on Change...

Hi there friends!!! Hope the weekend is treating you all well. Apart from constantly telling hubs that "I can't believe the weekend goes so quick"! I have tried to be somewhat productive. I have been going through some of my patterns and current selling items and updating, making pattern changes and cataloging patterns that I am absolutely dying to make when I get the time.
Some of you might remember my bird rattles that I sell at Sew Beautiful. I have made sooooo many of these and they tend to go like hotcakes! Like anything, too much of a good thing can get a little boring, especially when you are the one making them! I decided to add a little more character to my little birdies and came up with a changes to the eyes....

I simply crocheted a small circle and then changed from using plain black safety eyes to ones with a coloured rim to the eyes, and chose ones with a blue rim. I think he looks gorgeous! I want to give him a cute name like Herbert or something. It just goes!

I also made a red one which is mega cute but I wasn't overly happy with the cotton yarn I used. Hubs loves it though and says the colours work well. I guess everyone loves something different!



Aren't they cute!!!! I think I like them better this way than the original.

I am currently trying to finish off a blanket I started AGES ago and have got 2 necklaces almost finished for my new crochet necklace collection. They are really sweet and you will love them. I promise!

I also am itching to start some really sweet new patterns I have found via Pinterest....

bitOwhimsy: Simple and Sweet Owl Crochet Pattern
I love these cute little owls!

crocheted dinosaurs by planetjune

crocheted dinosaurs by planetjune
I LOVE these cute dinosaurs! I know lots of little people that would love these. Must try these soon!!! (when my week turns into a 8 day week! ) 

That's it for me today. I need to get into my study (only 2 units to go, but these are the hardest 2 because my motivation seems to have gone missing every time I look at my study material. ) Would love to know how how everyone keeps their motivation up!

Ciao
Bella
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment