Saturday, July 30, 2011

Necklaces

I had been toying around for a while with making some crochet necklaces. I finally have got around to doing some and decided to post some pics today. It is a matter of experimentation with the different way to string them - ribbon vs chain vs rick rack and so on! I have pulled apart a few, thrown a few out in frustration and got way too many sketches of ones I would like to try when I have the time.
I am one of those typical A type personality people - you know a total perfectionist!! Already I look at the necklaces I have already made and am finding too many faults and want to toss them aside and start again. I have decided that thinking like this ruins the creative journey so I am going to try to not be too critical of myself  and focus on actually enjoying learning how to better myself and the actual process of creating something handmade and beautiful. Get my drift?? (all you other A type personality people are nodding their heads!!) Anyway, lets get a sneaky peek at what I have managed to come up with so far.....




This one is crocheted with 100% cotton and embellished with lace and a vintage button. This one is my favourite I think! It is on a boho gold chain with a clasp at the back to do up easily.

I love red and turquoise together at the moment. They really brighten up anything you are wearing. This necklace is threaded on cute rick rack and is surprisingly strong. Easy to tie at the back.


This one is in battle to be my favourite too!! I love the flower that sets the whole necklace off. Wooden beads with crochet covered beads as well. 



What do you think? Would love some feedback. Have so many ideas to try, including some cute ones for earrings!!!! 
This week is fairly big for hubs and I so I am now off to enjoy a B grade Sunday arvo movie with a nice hot cup of coffee and some chocolate! A nice way to end the weekend and ease into the week I say. 
Have a good one!
Ciao
Bella
xx





1 comment:

  1. arg - somehow missed these new entries! Love love LOVE the necklaces!! The blue one, and the brown one with beads are my favs... but only cos red and I don't work too well together ha ha. Think these will look super cute with a plain singlet or tank top in Summer!!

    ReplyDelete