Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Finally!!!!!

When I very first really got into crochet I decided to make a blanket to go on our bed. I wanted to make it in blue tones as hubs isn't really a pink bedspread kind of guy (thankfully!). We have a variety of bedspreads and most of them have blue tones so I thought a blanket made of granny squares in blue tones edged with white would fit the bill. Problem was that I started but then got totally sidetracked by all the other smaller projects I wanted to do...I always find that with me - there are so many projects I want to try that I end up with a whole bunch of smaller ones left unfinished. Well, no more! Last night I knuckled down and finished my blanket as well as 2 other smaller projects I had. I organised my current orders and when they need to be shipped by and am now feeling very organised and efficient! I took a few quick pics this morning of my finished blanket to show you...it's funny that when I look at it now, I cringe at it's simple pattern and not-so-great-workmanship as I had only started to crochet when I began. I guess I can always look back on the blanket with fondness though as it was my first honest to goodness project I completed all by myself!
Here we go...


As you can see it's fairly simple but I like it. It doesn't have too many colours and it's not too busy!


I am glad I made the edging quite thick as when it is laid out flat the edging
makes it. 

So there you go. My very first crochet project! It has been laying around for over a year gathering dust so it was high time it was finished!!!

I am off to work now, the sun is shining and all is well!
Have a great day
Ciao
Bella
xx



1 comment:

  1. So remember when you started this! Glad it is finished - it looks fab! ♥

    ReplyDelete